From the November 2017 Newsletter
Mapleton Tree Lighting, Wreath, and Christmas Festival
Christmas is right around the corner! Come join us on Monday Dec. 4th at 6pm at the City Park for the lighting of the trees. Santa, Children’s choir, food trucks, hot chocolate, s’mores & more!!!
- Create / donate a holiday wreath: Wreaths will be displayed and auctioned. All proceeds will go to Mapleton’s Sub-For-Santa Program.
- Come bid on your favorite wreath: There will be a silent auction to benefit Mapleton’s Sub-For-Santa Program.
- Design a unique Gingerbread House: Bring your gingerbread house to display & enter in the Festival contest.
- Festival Snapshot Contest: Take snapshots that evening & enter the Festival Snapshot contest.
Wreaths & gingerbread houses designed by local residents, businesses, non-profits, schools, & organizations will be on display that evening from 5pm – 8pm at Memorial Hall. Silent auction will begin at 5pm.
Mapleton Scarecrow Spectacular
Thank you to everyone who came out to the Mapleton Scarecrow Spectacular on October 14th. Congrats to our scarecrow winners!
- People’s Choice: Hartman Plumbing
- Judges choices: Traditional: Mapleton Library, Scary: Sue & Sonny Dyle, Minor League: Alisa Wheeler,
Original: Mapleton Youth City Council, Business: HyRise Construction, and City: Mapleton Fire Dept.
- Winner of the GREAT pumpkin went to Jasmin Young!
- Winner Stephney Cobia grew the most Giant pumpkin at 78 lbs.!