Building Inspection Summary
The following inspections are required for your residential project. Inspections shall be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance (scheduling information included below). Failure to be ready at time inspection is scheduled will result in a re-inspection fee of $55. No further inspections will be performed until the fee is paid at the City Office in the form of cash or check. Approved set of JOB COPY plans shall be on site for all inspections.e now require inspections on all of the items listed below
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 15, 2015 – Back Water Valves will be required on all Under Slab Plumbing per the Building Code.
- Set Back, Footings and Site Toilet
- Placement on property based on required setbacks will be verified. Inspection of excavation, forms and reinforcing steel prior to placement of concrete. Concrete encased electrode (ufer) must be installed. Restroom facility must be on site.
- Inspection of forms and reinforcing steel prior to placement of concrete.
- Temporary Power
- Inspection of temporary pedestal with grounding rod, all outlets GFCI protected.
- Suspended Concrete
- Inspection of forms & reinforcing steel prior to placement of concrete on all precast, cast-in place floors, and porch caps.
- Underground Plumbing, Electrical, and/or Mechanical
- Inspection of all underground or under slab work prior to burial or concrete covering.
- EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 15, 2015 – Back Water Valves will be required on all Under Slab Plumbing per the Building Code.
- Inspection of all structural sheathing and foundation straps prior to installation of weather barrier. This inspection may be included with the 4-way inspection.
- 4-way and Gas-line
- Inspection of framing, and all roughed in electrical, mechanical, fuel gas piping, and plumbing installations. All windows and exterior doors must be installed for this inspection.
- Weather Barrier
- Inspection of exterior weather barrier, window and door flashing, and other flashing prior to installation of siding, masonry, and roofing products.
- Shower Pan
- Fill with water to within ½” of top for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Inspection of electrical service panel prior to utility hook up. Must have ground wire connected to concrete encased electrode and one GFCI outlet connected inside of house.
- Inspection to ensure insulation, doors, windows, heating & cooling equipment meets current IECC.
- To be performed after installation of drywall but before it is taped or topped.
- To be performed after installation of all flashings, vapor barrier, lath and after all penetrations are sealed.
- Inspection of completed structure prior to use or occupancy. All permits must have a final inspection. All items that are indicated on the plans as to be finished must be in place at the time of final inspection such as kitchen cabinets, sinks, bathroom fixtures etc. There may not be any personal items placed in the building other than tools and equipment used in the construction of the building until occupancy is granted.
BUILDING INSPECTION SCHEDULING
Building Inspections can be scheduled by calling 801-489-6138 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inspections must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Inspections are generally available during the hours listed below, and are taken on a first call first serve basis:
Monday-Thursday 10am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
BUILDING OFFICIAL OFFICE HOURS
If you would like to contact the Building Official you can reach him at 801-806-9110 or email@example.com.