Planning Commission Members
Chairman Golden Murray
Vice-Chairman Justin Schellenberg
Commissioner Therin Garrett
Alternate Commissioner Sharee Killpack
Alternate Commissioner Christy Nemelka
The Planning Commission
The Mapleton City Planning Commission is a five member citizen board appointed by the Mayor and City Council. The Planning Commission makes decisions related to Planning and Zoning issues. The Planning Commission is charged with approving preliminary subdivisions, project plan approvals (commercial projects), conditional use permits, and home occupations, to name a few. The Planning Commission also recommends approval for final subdivision plats, amendments to the zone map (rezone) and text, updates to the General Plan, and input on capital facilities projects.
Planning Commission meetings are held in the Mapleton City Council Chambers located at 125 West Community Center Way (400 North) Mapleton. Regularly scheduled meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month with meetings beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The Planning Commission agenda is prepared and distributed one week before the meeting. The agenda clearly indicates the order and type of cases to be considered. Only issues listed on the agenda will be considered unless a member of the Commission requests that an item be discussed at a work session.
Citizen input is encouraged in the planning and decision making process. The Planning Commission makes every effort to allow citizen participation. The Planning Commission is appreciative of the time required for everyone to participate and tries to reduce the time required and maximize opportunities for input. If you would like to make a comment about an item before Planning Commission, you may e-mail the Community Development Department Secretary one week before the meeting. We will make an effort to include your comment into the Planning Commission packet.
The public hearing process is as follows:
- Staff presentation – A member of the Planning Staff will give an oral presentation.
- Questions of Staff – Commission members ask questions of Staff.
- Applicant’s presentation – the applicant of the item before the Planning Commission will speak.
- Questions of Applicant – Commission members ask questions to applicant.
- Hearing – the Public Hearing is opened by the Planning Commission Chair.
- Comments from Public – the public in attendance can make comments or ask questions of the Planning Commission.
- Public Hearing closed – the Planning Commission will close the hearing after comment is taken.
- Commission deliberation.
Any questions or comments can be e-mailed to email@example.com.